Stephanie L. Edwards
Edwards, circa 2010
- Missing Since 05/24/2010
- Missing From Winter Park, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 07/06/1959 (63)
- Age 50 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4, 140 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A red t-shirt and blue jeans.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Graying black hair, brown eyes. Edwards is missing her two upper front teeth. She has a mole on her lower left leg. Her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Edwards was last seen in Winter Park, Florida on May 24, 2010. She lived with her mother and her mother's boyfriend. At 10:00 p.m. on the day of her disappearance, Edwards walked to a friend's home six blocks from her own residence. She stayed for about ten minutes, then left to go back home. She never arrived and has never been heard from again. Her mother, who was visiting family in New York at the time of Edwards's disappearance, reported her missing a week later.
Authorities don't believe Edwards left of her own accord, because she left her purse, wallet, cellular phone and keys behind at home and she has no history of leaving without warning. She has three children, two of whom live in New York, and also has family members in New Jersey.
Edwards had struggled with a drug problem prior to her disappearance, but it's unclear whether drugs were a factor in her case. A registered sex offender was staying at her home the night she disappeared and was questioned by police, but never named as a suspect; he is now in prison on unrelated charges. Her case remains unsolved.
- Winter Park Police Department 407-644-1313
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 6, 2012; details of disappearance updated.