Stephen Daryl McKee
McKee, circa 2013
- Missing Since 08/27/2013
- Missing From Fort Pierce, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/23/1950 (72)
- Age 62 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10, 120 pounds
- Medical Conditions McKee is an alcoholic. He has heart problems and high blood pressure and needs many different prescription medications, possibly as many as twelve, which he doesn't have with him.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair, brown eyes. McKee wears a full set of dentures.
Details of Disappearance
McKee was last seen in Fort Pierce, Florida on August 27, 2013. Late that afternoon he withdrew $22 from his bank account at an ATM at Cunningham's, a local bar. He passed out at the bar at 9:00 p.m. and the staff asked him to leave. They escorted him outside and left him there. He has never been heard from again.
McKee is a graduate of Indiana University; his degree is in English literature. He is described as very intelligent, but he has a longstanding alcohol addiction dating back to the 1970s, with multiple arrests for public intoxication and other alcohol-related offenses. He'd been discharged from the hospital just a week before he disappeared.
He lived in Vero Beach, Florida and frequented the Miracle Mile area. He's described as a loner; he had never been married and never had any close friends. For most of his life he had lived with either his father or his brother.
McKee had a new laptop computer in a black case at the time of his disappearance and his father theorizes someone tried to steal it and McKee fought to keep it and was killed. His father and brother both believe he is dead, but little evidence is available in his case. It remains unsolved.
- Indian River County Sheriff's Office 772-978-6110
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 21, 2018; two pictures added.