Stephen Mark Millis
Millis, circa 2019; Mills on surveillance video on the day of his disappearance
- Missing Since 01/04/2019
- Missing From Hesperia, Michigan
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 49 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9, 170 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A red and black buffalo-style flannel shirt, a gray t-shirt, light-colored jeans and short gray work boots.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Millis has a large scar on his back and a mole on his cheek next to his mouth, and he had a red mustache at the time of his disappearance. His nickname is Steve.
Details of Disappearance
Millis was last seen in Hesperia, Michigan on January 4, 2019. He stopped at the Dollar General store in the 300 block of east South Street to buy cat food and meet someone in the parking lot so he could sell fishing gear. Surveillance cameras showed him leaving the store after purchasing a drink; a still of him at the time is posted with this case summary.
The man who was supposed to meet Millis in the parking lot arrived and he was gone, but his unlocked truck was left behind in the lot, with numerous personal belongings inside. He has never been heard from again. His family reported him missing several days later.
Since Millis's disappearance, he hasn't had any financial transactions, made calls on his cellular phone (which went missing with him) or had any activity on his social media accounts. He enjoyed hunting and fishing. His daughter stated some of his acquaintances were a "rough crowd" and she thinks they were behind his disappearance; she theorizes he was killed because he knew something about some illegal activity.
His case remains unsolved.
- Newaygo County Sheriff's Office 231-689-7303
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 25, 2020; casefile added.