Steven Eugene Anderson
Steven, circa 1975; Age-progression to age 56 (circa 2013)
- Missing Since 04/07/1975
- Missing From New Lisbon, New Jersey
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/25/1957 (65)
- Age 17 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7 - 5'9, 141 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A blue shirt, blue pants and a blue hooded jacket.
- Medical Conditions Steven is moderately mentally disabled. He has trouble communicating and isn't capable of caring for himself.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel/blue eyes. Steven's upper front tooth was chipped at the time of his disappearance. He has chicken pox scars on his abdomen. He fractured his right clavicle as a child. Steven's nickname is Teeve.
Details of Disappearance
Steven was last seen at the New Lisbon State School for Retarded Males off Highway 72 in New Lisbon, New Jersey at approximately 4:30 p.m. on April 7, 1975. He was a student at the school and was accompanied by one of his fellow students, David Williams.
The boys, who were roommates, were walking towards their residence on the campus after playing at a nearby ball field with some staff members. Neither Steven nor David have been seen again.
Curiously, Steven and David are not the only New Lisbon State School residents who went missing and were never heard from again; Kenneth Schweighart disappeared from there in 1982. It hasn't been proven that the disappearances are related. The New Lisbon State School is now coed and known as the New Lisbon Developmental Center. All three cases remain unsolved.
- New Lisbon Human Services Police 609-894-4025
Updated 7 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 25, 2017; clothing/jewelry description, medical conditions and details of disappearance updated.