Steven James MacKrell
MacKrell, circa 2015; MacKrell's car; MacKrell's shirt
- Missing Since 07/30/2015
- Missing From Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/02/1989 (33)
- Age 25 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10, 165 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A short-sleeved gray t-shirt with a circular design on the front, khaki pants and black shoes. A photo of the shirt is posted with this case summary.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Wwhite four-door 2013 Ford Fusion with the license plate number WJ70L and one rim that was different than the other three
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. MacKrell has a scar on the back of his head. He had a mustache and goatee at the time of his disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
MacKrell was last seen in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on July 30, 2015. He left Lucky’s Tavern at 1:30 a.m., got into his car on west Las Olas Boulevard, and drove north on northwest Seventh Avenue. He was supposed to meet friends and then go out afterwards, but he never arrived there.
MacKrell was last seen buying snacks at a Valero gas station in the 3600 block of north Dixie Highway in Pompano Beach, Florida at 2:32 a.m. Outside the station he had an altercation with an unidentified African-American man who was a passenger in a silver sedan, possibly a Chevrolet Cavalier or Malibu. That car was seen following him as MacKrell drove away.
He has never been heard from again. His car, a white four-door 2013 Ford Fusion with a missing rim on the front driver's side and the license plate number WJ70L, is also missing. He had had about five drinks at Lucky's Tavern and may have been intoxicated at the time of his disappearance.
At the time of his disappearance, MacKrell worked as a professional casino poker dealer. He has never been away from the South Florida area. Since he went missing, his phone hasn't been turned on and his debit card has not been used. MacKrell left behind a baby daughter. Foul play is possible in his case, which remains unsolved.
- Fort Lauderdale Police Department 954-828-5700
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 23, 2018; casefile added.