Steven Lee Hixson
Hixson, circa 2017
- Missing Since 03/01/2017
- Missing From Trinity County, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 45 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8, 149 pounds
- Medical Conditions Hixson was reportedly struck on the head with a baseball bat multiple times shortly before his disappearance. He may be disoriented as a result.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Black hair, brown eyes. Hixson has a splenectomy scar on his abdomen. He has a tattoo of a woman's name on his right shoulder. His nickname is Steve.
Details of Disappearance
Hixson was last seen in Trinity County, California on March 1, 2017. He called the police, who responded to his home in Hayfork, after Hixson reported he was struck in the head with a baseball bat when he went into someone's home. Later, he changed his story and said he had hit his head in a fall.
The police noted bruises on his head and called an ambulance, but Hixson refused to to go the the hospital. He has never been heard from again.
Investigators have identified the person who allegedly struck Hixson with the bat, but it's not clear whether this person is a suspect in his case. At the time of his disappearance, Hixson frequently walked and rode his bicycle for long distances. It's possible he became confused from his injury and wandered into the wilderness somewhere in the Hayfork area. His case remains unsolved.
- Trinity County Sheriff's Department 530-623-2611
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 21, 2019; details of disappearance updated.