Suzanne, circa 2016; John T. Fleming; John Andrew "Jack" Fleming; Brian Casey
- Missing Since 12/29/2016
- Missing From Cleveland, Ohio
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 09/22/1970 (52)
- Age 46 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4, 165 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark-colored jacket, a gray Cleveland Cavaliers shirt and black stretch pants.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Cessna Citation 525 plane
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Suzanne's ears are pierced. Her nickname is Sue.
Details of Disappearance
Suzanne was last seen in Cleveland, Ohio on December 29, 2016. She boarded a private Cessna Citation 525 plane at Burke Lakefront Airport with her husband, John Thomas Fleming, their two sons, John Robert "Jack" Fleming and Andrew Fleming, a family friend, Brian Casey, and Brian's daughter, Megan Casey.
John, an experienced pilot, was flying. The group had attended a Cleveland Cavaliers game and was on their way home. Photographs of John, Jack and Brian are posted with this case summary.
The last radar contact with the plane was two miles from the Burke Lakefront Airport; it was headed to the Ohio State University airport in Columbus. Only three minutes after takeoff, the plane disappeared from radar and crashed into Lake Erie. A subsequent investigation by the National Transportation Safety Board determined "pilot spatial disorientation" and pilot fatigue were the probable causes of the accident.
The bodies of Suzanne and Andrew Fleming and Megan Casey were not recovered. They are presumed to have died in the crash.
Suzanne graduated from Youngstown State University with a degree in social work, and was a supporter of JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation).
- Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Office 216-348-4232
- Cleveland Police Department 216-623-5318
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 23, 2019; picture added, details of disappearance updated.