Suzie Felan Ruiz
Ruiz, circa 2006
- Missing Since 12/16/2006
- Missing From San Antonio, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Hispanic
- Date of Birth 08/15/1970 (52)
- Age 36 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'3, 99 - 110 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A green coat, a green t-shirt, blue jeans, white Converse sneakers, a silver ring with a sun on her left middle finger, a silver ring with a pink stone on her right middle finger, a silver ring with a cubic zirconium stone on a silver neck, a two-tone gold and silver watch, and possibly a white gold ring with a heart.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Forest green 1999 Volvo convertible with a brown top and the Texas license plate number 908KJJ (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Some agencies spell Ruiz's first name "Susie." Her nickname is Sue. She had highlights in her hair at the time of her disappearance. Ruiz has a skin discoloration on her back, a tattoo of vines and butterflies on her abdomen, and a tattoo of a star and butterfly on her left hip. Her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Ruiz was last seen at on Military and Commercial Streets San Antonio, Texas at 8:00 p.m. on December 16, 2006. She was driving her 1999 Volvo convertible with the Texas license plate number 908KJJ at the time; the vehicle is forest green with a brown top.
She told her family she was going to purchase a laptop computer from a man and would attend a party afterwards. Authorities believe she actually went to a man's house to illegally purchase the prescription pain medicine Vicodin.
A week after she disappeared, Ruiz's Volvo was located unlocked and abandoned in a field off Interstate 35 in south Bexar County, Texas. The license plates had been removed, the keys were missing and there was no sign of Ruiz at the scene. She has never been heard from again.
Her family describes her disappearance as completely out of character; they are concerned for her safety and believe foul play was involved in her case. She worked as a respiratory therapist and was a single mother of five children, and resided in the 7400 block of Rimhurst in San Antonio at the time she went missing. Her case remains unsolved.
- San Antonio Police Department 210-207-7662
Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 19, 2021; two pictures added, details of disappearance updated.