Tabbetha Kay Worford
Worford, circa 1990
- Missing Since 05/04/1990
- Missing From Escambia County, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 07/23/1970 (52)
- Age 19 years old
- Height and Weight 4'11, 85 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white eyelet top and black jeans. Carrying a white leather purse with blue patchwork.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Worford is club-footed on her right foot, and limps as a result. Her nickname is Tabby. She wears eyeglasses, but these were left behind.
Details of Disappearance
Worford was last seen after she was dropped off at her residence at Fairfield Village Apartments in the 600 block of north Fairfield Road in Escambia County, Florida during the evening hours of May 4, 1990. She has never been heard from again. She was reported missing two days after she was last seen.
She disappeared shortly after starting a new secretarial job and moving into a new apartment. Her glasses, clothes and money were left behind, but her purse, containing her wallet, identification and a paycheck for $160, went missing with her; the check has never been cashed. There were no indications of a struggle at her apartment, and nobody else in the building heard screams. Sheets and pillowcases were discovered missing from her bed.
Worford had a son with Tim Reno fifteen months prior to her disappearance. The same night Worford disappeared, someone left the baby in his car seat at the Bellview Avenue home of Reno's former wife. A witness recalled hearing the doorbell ring at 2:30 a.m., though no one answered the door at the time. The baby was found unharmed on the doorstep about five hours later.
Reno is considered a possible suspect in Worford's disappearance, but he hasn't been charged. She has been declared legally deceased, but her remains have never been located and her case remains unsolved.
- Escambia County Sheriff's Office 850-436-9599
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 16, 2019; date of disappearance corrected, clothing/jewelry description added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.