Tamara Elizabeth Toy
Toy, circa 2006; Glenn Bivens
- Missing Since 05/06/2006
- Missing From Bradenton, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/11/1961 (62)
- Age 44 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 140 - 150 pounds
- Medical Conditions Toy is addicted to the prescription painkiller Percocet. She also has a history of cocaine abuse.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Toy's hair was dyed blonde at the time of her disappearance. She has surgical scars on her back from screw insertion, a tattoo of ivy on her lower back, and a Caesaraean section scar on her abdomen. Her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Toy was last seen in Bradenton, Florida on May 6, 2006. Her family last spoke with her in March, when she called her adult son. Toy also sent two Easter cards to relatives.
The last confirmed sighting of her was when she paid her rent. She was living in the Budget Inn in the 8100 block of north Tamiami Trail with her boyfriend, Glenn Bivens, at the time. Both of them were unemployed. A photograph of Bivens is posted with this case summary.
Bivens was arrested on May 13 after almost running into a police officer's patrol car. Toy was not with him at the time and she has never been heard from again. Bivens had a previous criminal record and spent 15 years in prison in Arizona. On May 18, five days after his arrest, he took his own life by jumping from a second-floor balcony in jail.
Prior to his death, Bivens had allegedly told another jail inmate that Toy had died of a drug overdose and he had buried her body in eastern Manatee County. He did not provide any other details about what happened. This account has not been confirmed, but two dirty shovels, a ski mask, garbage bags and a bloodstained glove were found in the back of Bivens's van, and the backseat had been removed and put in their motel room.
Toy's loved ones believe an associate of Bivens, Stephen Cherok, may have information about her disappearance. Cherok, who also has a criminal record, was living with Toy and Bivens at the time of Toy's disappearance and he began to pay their rent the day after she disappeared. He denies knowing anything about the case.
Toy is originally from the eastern United States and has family in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia. Her relatives stated she formerly worked as a nurse and became addicted to prescription painkillers after she injured her back at work. She was previously married and has four children. Authorities are treating her disappearance as a missing person, but foul play is suspected in her case.
- Manatee County Sheriff's Office 941-747-3011
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 13, 2010; middle name and alternate weight added, distinguishing characteristics updated.