Tammy Lynn Farrell
Farrell, circa 1993
- Missing Since 10/27/1993
- Missing From Live Oak, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 02/18/1961 (62)
- Age 32 years old
- Height and Weight 5'0, 230 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A wedding ring with three imbedded diamonds, and an additional ring on her left hand.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Dark blue 1988 Ford Escort (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Farrell has a tattoo of the name "Ed" on one of her ankles and tattoo of a daisy on one of her shoulders. Farrell's maiden name is Brookman.
Details of Disappearance
Farrell was last seen after she dropped her sons off in Live Oak, California on October 27, 1993. She stopped at a friend's house at approximately 7:00 p.m. and said that she planned to return to Live Oak to pick her children up shortly afterwards. Farrell never arrived as expected and has not been heard from again.
Farrell's mother reported her as a missing person on October 28. Farrell's dark blue 1988 Ford Escort was discovered abandoned in a remote area of Oroville, California at approximately 9:40 p.m. on October 31. It appeared that the vehicle had been pushed over a ravine and settled in dense brush off of Lower French Creek Road.
The car was near the bottom of a canyon near Benny Creek. Authorities said that the steering wheel was bent forward, indicating that the driver may have been inside the vehicle at the time of the wreck. The rear window was missing and the windshield was cracked.
The Ford had been stripped by vandals prior to its discovery, and investigators were unable to determine if the thieves pushed the car into the canyon or if other factors were involved. There was no evidence of Farrell's whereabouts at the scene.
Farrell's mother said it is uncharacteristic of her daughter to leave without warning. Her case remains unsolved. She resided in Gridley, California in 1993.
- Gridley Police Department 530-846-5678