Tammyetta Michelle Spaulding
Spaulding, circa 2016
- Missing Since 09/02/2016
- Missing From Jackson, Mississippi
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Age 37 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5 - 5'7, 340 - 350 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A brown sweater dress OR a black t-shirt, gray sweatpants and a black baseball cap.
- Medical Conditions Spaulding has diabetes and has a history of heart disease; she had a heart attack at age 32. She has two stents in her main artery and needs to take insulin daily; she doesn't have her insulin with her.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Dark blue 2013 Chevrolet Equinox with paper tags (accounted for), Red truck
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Spaulding's nickname is Tammy. Her hair was cut short and dyed blonde at the time of her disappearance. She wears eyeglasses with black plastic frames, and her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Spaulding was last seen in Jackson, Mississippi on September 2, 2016, after she took her two children to school, then went to work at Comcast, but left her job early that day. She was last seen at a payday lending business in the 1000 block of Ellis Avenue. She spoke to a family member on September 3; this is the last time they heard from her. She was possibly en route to Louisiana at the time.
On September 5, her dark blue 2013 Chevrolet Equinox with paper tags was found abandoned behind a gas station close to Savanna Street and Interstate 55 south in south Jackson. The keys were missing, the car had been wiped clean of fingerprints and there was no trace of Spaulding at the scene.
An anonymous tipster told Spaulding's family that she had been murdered and that her body was dissolved in acid and would never be found. The caller said Spaulding's ex-boyfriend was involved and that a red truck was used to dispose of her body. This information has not been confirmed.
Spaulding had previously gotten pregnant by her ex-boyfriend, then miscarried, and around the time of her miscarriage she found out he was seeing another woman who was also pregnant with his child.
Foul play is suspected in Spaulding's disappearance, but no one has been charged or named as a suspect in her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.
- Jackson Police Department 601-960-1234
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 17, 2021; details of disappearance updated.