Teresa Armanda Alfonso
Teresa, circa 1974; Age-progression to age 58 (circa 2019)
- Missing Since 08/20/1974
- Missing From Marathon, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Hispanic
- Date of Birth 11/06/1961 (61)
- Age 12 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'5, 115 - 120 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A blue shirt, brown pants and high-heeled shoes.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Light brown hair, brown eyes. Teresa had a small gap between her upper front teeth at the time of her 1974 disappearance. She has a small scar below her buttocks. Teresa has had a tonsillectomy. Her ears are pierced. Her nickname is Terry and some agencies may spell her first name "Theresa" and her last name "Alfonzo," or refer to her as Terri Riggs.
Details of Disappearance
Teresa was dropped off at the now-defunct Marathon Movie Theater in Marathon, Florida on August 20, 1974 with her friend Cynthia Gooding. They planned to hitchhike to a party that day. Neither of the girls has been seen again.
Cynthia had a history of dropping out of sight for a few days at a time, and because of this, investigators initially believed she and Teresa had run away from home. Teresa had no history as a runaway and her family never believed she had done that; her family described her as a very timid, shy young girl who wasn't having problems at home and wouldn't have gone anywhere with someone she didn't know. Investigators no longer believe the pair left of their own volition.
Teresa's mother is still alive and living in the area, as are many of her siblings, and they have never stopped looking for her. She was a student at Stanley Switlik Elementary School in 1974, and lived with her family on 92nd Street.
The police file for Teresa and Cynthia was destroyed in a fire sometime after they vanished. Both cases remain unsolved.
- Marathon County Sheriff's Office 305-296-2424
Updated 10 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 7, 2020; age-progression updated.