Terrance Paul Beghin
Beghin, circa 1986; Beghin's Corvette
- Missing Since 11/01/1986
- Missing From Port Charlotte, Florida
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 02/12/1960 (63)
- Age 26 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 135 pounds
- Medical Conditions Beghin has diabetes and requires daily insulin to survive.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Limited edition white 1982 Corvette with tinted windows and custom rims (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, brown eyes. Beghin's nickname is Terry.
Details of Disappearance
Beghin was last seen in Port Charlotte, Florida on November 1, 1986. He left his home in the 400 block of Corrientes Court at around midnight, driving his limited edition white 1982 Corvette with tinted windows and custom rims. A photo of the Corvette is posted with this case summary. About an hour later, he called one of his roommates and asked if he needed a ride home.
Beghin's roommate said he did need a ride and Beghin agreed to pick him up, but never arrived. He has never been heard from again. He left behind his insulin and all his belongings, and he had no more than $100 with him that night. He worked at a Port Charlotte restaurant at the time of his disappearance, cleaning it after closing time. He never picked up his last paycheck.
Witnesses reported Beghin appeared depressed at the time of his disappearance and was drunk, which was uncharacteristic of his behavior. It's also uncharacteristic of him to be out of touch with his loved ones.
In the fall of 2013, Beghin's vehicle was pulled out of a canal in Punta Gorda, Florida. His body wasn't inside it, however. His sister believes he may have gone into diabetic shock and accidentally driven into the canal. He remains missing, however, and his case remains unsolved.
- Charlotte County Sheriff's Office 941-639-0013
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 27, 2015; two pictures added, details of disappearance updated.