Terry Allen Shepherd
Shepherd, circa 2000
- Missing Since 09/10/2000
- Missing From Akron, Ohio
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 02/13/1963 (60)
- Age 37 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8 - 5'9, 140 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A green sweatshirt and blue jeans.
- Medical Conditions Shepherd is epileptic and suffers from seizures as a result of his condition. He was not taking his medication as required at the time of his 2000 disappearance. Shepherd is also an alcoholic and has a history of public intoxication. He may be suffering from mental illness.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Shepherd has scars on his forehead near his hairline and on the top of his head, and scars from surgery to repair a cleft palate. He had a brown beard and mustache at the time of his disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Shepherd was last seen in Akron, Ohio on September 10, 2000. His brother gave him ten dollars and dropped him off at the intersection of Triplett Boulevard and south Arlington Street.
Shepherd was homeless and did not have a permanent address at the time of his disappearance; he often slept in a cardboard box under bridges. He had just completed a 90-day court-ordered residential treatment program for his alcoholism.
He normally contacted his sister every other day, but she has not heard from him since the date he vanished. He also hasn't renewed the health card he used to obtain his epilepsy medicine.
Shepherd dropped out of West Junior High School in the ninth grade. He has a history of trouble with the law and had spent a total of eight years in prison for various offenses, including robbery, assault, theft, public intoxication and disorderly conduct. His case remains unsolved.
- Akron Police Department
Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 28, 2012; picture added.