Bendig, circa 2000
- Missing Since 12/02/2000
- Missing From Juniata County, Pennsylvania
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/12/1924 (98)
- Age 76 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9, 152 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A burgundy San Francisco 49ers sweatshirt, a brown leather jacket, gray sweatpants, a green baseball cap with the word "Eagles" on it and a gold chain with a gold saint's pendant.
- Medical Conditions Bendig has Alzheimer's Disease and is required to take medication to control his condition.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair, green eyes. Bendig is balding. His nickname is Tom. He has a vertical sixteen-inch scar on his chest from heart bypass surgery and a surgical scar on the inside of his leg extending from the ankle to the thigh. Bendig wears a full set of dentures. He has metal bolts implanted in his left ankle and he has indentation marks on his forehead from shrapnel. He is supposed to wear eyeglasses, but his were left behind.
Details of Disappearance
Bendig was last seen leaving his residence in the 4500 block of Tampa Street in Juniata County, Pennsylvania at approximately 8:20 p.m. on December 2, 2000. He has never been heard from again. Bendig may frequent areas near Anne and Memphis Street, Anne and Aramingo Avenue and Center City in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Philadelphia Police Department
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 31, 2005; distinguishing characteristics updated.