Thomas Charles Murray Jr.
Murray, circa 2011
- Missing Since 10/19/2011
- Missing From Spring, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/23/1987 (35)
- Age 23 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 140 - 160 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A red t-shirt with white lettering and the white "Hollister" logo, khaki shorts, gray sneakers and a dark-colored baseball cap.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Ford F-150 pickup truck (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Murray's nickname is TJ. He has previously broken his back and his knee.
Details of Disappearance
Murray was last seen at Rookie's Sports Bar in the 300 block of Sawdust Road in Spring, Texas at 12:45 a.m. on October 19, 2011. Earlier he'd visited the On the Rocks bar. That night he called his father and said he would return his truck the next day; this is the last time his family heard from him.
He got into an altercation at Rookie's and was asked to leave. He has never been heard from again. On the morning after his disappearance, his cellular phone was found in a ditch in the 25000 Block of Borough Park Drive near the bar, with the back and the battery removed. He'd been driving his father's Ford F-150 pickup truck on the night of his disappearance, and it was left behind in the parking lot of On the Rocks.
Murray is a graduate of Oak Ridge High School and was a junior at Sam Houston State University at the time of his disappearance, studying business and psychology. He was also the umpire for a local Little League team.
Since Murray's disappearance, one of his three younger brothers has died in an accident. Foul play is suspected in his case, which remains unsolved.
- Montgomery County Sheriff's Office 936-760-5876
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 5, 2021; clothing/jewelry description and details of disappearance updated.