Thomas Kern Fleming
Fleming, circa 2016
- Missing Since 06/16/2016
- Missing From Glendale, Missouri
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/11/1959 (63)
- Age 57 years old
- Height and Weight 6'3, 250 - 270 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black and gold striped shirt, blue jeans and sneakers.
- Medical Conditions Fleming is a diabetic and needs medication which he doesn't have with him. He also has a history of depression.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Silver 2007 Nissan Versa with the Missouri license plate number FC1-J3T and a red panda sticker on the back windshield (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Fleming wears eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Fleming spoke to family members at his mother's home on Country Club Lane in Glendale, Missouri at 11:00 a.m. on June 16, 2016. He drove away in his silver 2007 Nissan Versa with the Missouri license plate number FC1-J3T and a red panda sticker on the back windshield. He has never been heard from again.
Twelve days after his disappearance, his car was found abandoned next to a coal plant in Sauget, Illinois, near the eastern bank of the Mississippi River. It didn't appear to have been searched through and there was no evidence of foul play. Someone who worked at a nearby facility recalled seeing the vehicle come and go in the days after Fleming's disappearance, before it was left there.
Fleming lived with his wife in an apartment complex on Old Bend Road in Kirkwood, Missouri at the time of his disappearance. He is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame and worked as an accountant.
The state Board of Accountancy sent him a registered letter and Fleming, or someone using his name, signed for it at 11:16 a.m. on June 16. Fleming's mother's home is only a few minutes from his own and he would have had time to get home and sign for the letter, but an attorney for the Board of Accountancy didn't believe the signature was his.
Feming left his diabetes medication behind and he hasn't used his credit cards or accessed his bank accounts since his disappearance. Police haven't found any evidence of suicide or suspicious circumstances in his case, but it remains unsolved. Kirkwood police are investigating.
- Kirkwood Police Department 314-984-6914
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 11, 2018; distinguishing characteristics and clothing/jewelry description updated.