Thomas W. Borel
Borel, circa 2019
- Missing Since 01/12/2019
- Missing From Honolulu, Hawaii
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 29 years old
- Height and Weight 6'1, 200 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Running clothes, black sneakers and a backpack.
- Associated Vehicle(s) White 2013 BMW 128i (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Borel's nickname is Tom.
Details of Disappearance
Borel was last seen at his residence at Fort Shafter in Honolulu, Hawaii at approximately 9:00 a.m. on January 12, 2019. He has never been heard from again. A week later, his white 2013 BMW 128i was found abandoned on a dead-end street near his home. His black backpack, iPhone, wallet and car keys are still missing, and the phone has been turned off since the day of his disappearance.
At the time of his disappearance, Borel was a second-year resident in psychiatry at Tripler Army Medical Center. His wife had just given birth to a son just three weeks earlier. Although he was under a lot of stress at work and may have been "emotionally distraught", his family stated he seemed very happy with fatherhood. The circumstances of his disappearance are unclear.
- Honolulu CrimeStoppers 808-955-8300
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 25, 2020; seven pictures and clothing/jewelry description added, details of disappearance updated.