Thomas William Barkfelt
Barkfelt, circa 2015; Pickup truck similar to Barkfelt's vehicle
- Missing Since 10/12/2015
- Missing From Pineville, Missouri
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/05/1959 (63)
- Age 56 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10, 165 - 175 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly a baseball cap.
- Medical Conditions Barkfelt had a brain tumor removed in February 2015. His behavior changed after the operation. He is in need of medication and may be delusional.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Light blue Ford Ranger pickup truck (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Graying brown hair, blue eyes. Barkfelt has scars on his head and face from multiple brain surgeries, and a scar on his left forearm from where a tattoo was partially removed. He has tattoos on both upper arms.
Details of Disappearance
Barkfelt was last seen in Pineville, Missouri on October 12, 2015. He was telling people he'd gotten a home in McDonald County, Missouri and was moving there; that wasn't true and his loved ones believe he was in a delusional state. He has never been heard from again.
On October 24, Barkfelt's light blue Ford Ranger pickup truck was found abandoned in the Spavinaw Hills State Game Refuge southwest of Eucha Lake Dam in Delaware County, Oklahoma, and towed. It had been there since October 15. A photo of a similar vehicle is posted below this case summary. Barkfelt's wallet, cellular phone and car keys were inside the unlocked vehicle, but there was no sign of him. Few details are available in his case.
Barkfelt lived in Fairland, Oklahoma at the time of his disappearance, and both Missouri and Oklahoma police are investigating his case.
- McDonald County, Missouri Sheriff's Office 417-223-4319
- Ottawa County, Oklahoma Sheriff's Office 918-542-2806
- Delaware County, Oklahoma Sheriff's Office 918-520-8775
- Fairland, Oklahoma Police Department 918-542-2806
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 7, 2018; casefile added.