Timothy Joseph Lynch
Lynch, circa 2003
- Missing Since 06/06/2003
- Missing From Hawaii National Park, Hawaii
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/12/1959 (64)
- Age 44 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8, 180 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Gray/silver cross trainer sneakers. Carrying a black shoulder bag.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Lynch has a dark complexion and a muscular build. His nicknames are Tim and T.J. He has a surgical scar on his abdomen and a light brown abrasion scar on his lower back. Lynch may have a goatee.
Details of Disappearance
Lynch lived in Newburgh, Indiana at the time of his disappearance and was visiting Hawaii. He went hiking and taking pictures in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park at the end of of Chain of Craters Road in Hawaii National Park, Hawaii on June 6, 2003, and never returned.
On June 13, a week after his disappearance, Lynch's rental car was found at the entrance to the park, near active lava flows along the volcano's coast. There was no sign of Lynch at the scene. An extensive search failed to locate him.
Lynch was on vacation and was supposed to fly to his home in Indiana on the day of his disappearance, but he never used his return ticket and his car was found at the Evansville, Indiana airport. He left most of his personal belongings at his hotel room.
Lynch's estranged wife petitioned to have him declared legally dead in December 2005. Both Hawaii and Indiana police are investigating his case, which remains unsolved.
- Hawaii County Police Department 808-935-3311
- Warrick County, Indiana Sheriff's Department 812-897-6180
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 7, 2021; clothing/jewelry description.