Todd Benedict Battaglino
Battaglino, circa 2019
- Missing Since 01/07/2019
- Missing From Englewood, Florida
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 10/02/1968 (54)
- Age 50 years old
- Height and Weight 6'3, 210 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A yellow fishing shirt and khaki shorts.
- Associated Vehicle(s) 18-foot white 2014 Parker boat
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Battaglino was last seen in Englewood, Florida at 3:00 p.m. on January 7, 2019. He left the Royal Palm Marina in the 700 block of west Wentworth Street in his eighteen-foot boat, a white 2014 Parker model. He had told his family and friends he was going fishing by himself in the Gulf, something he often did. He never returned. His family reported him missing at midnight.
At 6:00 p.m. on January 8, a Coast Guard helicopter found Battaglino's boat, empty and adrift about sixteen miles west of Stump Pass Beach State Park in Charlotte County, Florida. The boat's engine was in full throttle and the fishing lines were still in the water.
The Coast Guard searched for another twenty-four hours, but never found Battaglino or his body, and suspended the search after that. He is presumed lost at sea.
- Sarasota County Sheriff's Office 941-861-4928
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 16, 2020; casefile added.