Tommie Eugene Jackson
Jackson, circa 2007
- Missing Since 01/11/2007
- Missing From St. Augustine, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 12/10/1957 (65)
- Age 49 years old
- Height and Weight 6'1, 250 pounds
- Medical Conditions Jackson has a history of depression, but his family doesn't believe he was suicidal at the time of his disappearance.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Gray four-door 1989 Pontiac 6000 with the license plate numbered X20EXQ
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Jackson was last seen in St. Augustine, Florida on January 11, 2007. That morning, he dropped his young daughter off at Cathedral Parish School on St. George Street. His routine after that would be to go home, do chores and be ready for work by 2:00 p.m. He worked a 2:00 to 10:00 p.m. shift at a rest area off Interstate 95, and would be home by 10:30 p.m.
There is evidence that Jackson arrived home after he dropped his child off at school, but he never showed up for work that day, and when his wife called him as usual at 4:00 p.m. the call went straight to voice mail. He has never been heard from again.
Jackson's gray four-door 1989 Pontiac 6000 with the license plate numbered X20EXQ disappeared with him. His wife stated the vehicle was in poor condition and she didn't think he could have gotten very far in it.
Jackson's wife said her husband went through periodic bouts of depression, but investigators don't believe his mental health issues had anything to do with his disappearance and they don't think he tried to harm himself. He is described as a dependable, reliable man who had never left without warning before.
Foul play is suspected in his case, which remains unsolved.
- St. John's County Sheriff's Office 904-824-8304
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 22, 2010; medical conditions added, details of disappearance updated.