Tot Tran Harriman
Harriman, circa 2001; Harriman's vehicle; Sketch of possible suspect
- Missing Since 07/12/2001
- Missing From League City, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Asian
- Date of Birth 02/20/1944 (79)
- Age 57 years old
- Height and Weight 4'11, 100 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Seven gold bracelets on her left wrist, a diamond necklace pendant, and possibly a shirt, shorts and sandals.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Rose quartz 1995 Lincoln Continental with a white leather interior, chrome tailtops, a small "PJC" sticker on the right side of the rear bumper, vanity Florida license plates reading TOTSY, and the vehicle identification number (VIN) 1LNLM97V35Y755926
- Distinguishing Characteristics Asian female. Graying black hair, brown eyes. Harriman is of Vietnamese descent. She has scars on her abdomen as the results of a Caesarian section and a hysterectomy, and she wears eyeglasses. Harriman's nickname is Totsy and her maiden name is Tran. She may use the names Harriman Tottran, Harriman Tran, Harriman Tot, Tran Tot and/or Tot Harriman.
Details of Disappearance
Harriman was a resident of Florida in 2001. She was visiting her family in Texas during the summer and had decided to purchase property in the state to be closer to her relatives.
Harriman mapped out a route between League City and Corpus Christi, Texas and planned to drive along Highway 35 searching for possible homes. She departed at approximately 5:00 a.m. on July 12, 2001 from her son's residence near League City.
Harriman said goodbye to her son and drove away in her rose quartz 1995 Lincoln Continental. A photo of her vehicle is posted with this case summary.
One of Harriman's friends attempted to call her on her cellular phone at approximately 8:30 a.m. The phone rang four times and he was transferred to her voice mail, indicating that Harriman's phone was turned on.
The friend tried to call her again at 10:30 a.m. and was directly connected to her voice mail, signaling that her phone had been turned off.
Harriman's children became concerned when she did not contact anyone by that evening. One of her sons phoned the friend Harriman planned to stay with overnight on July 12 and learned that his mother had never arrived as scheduled. Her family reported her as a missing person shortly thereafter.
Harriman's Lincoln Continental has never been located. The car has a white leather interior and chrome tailpipes. A small sticker reading "PJC" is placed on the right side of the rear bumper. The vehicle has personalized Florida license plates featuring her nickname, "TOTSY." The vehicle identification number (VIN) is 1LNLM97V35Y755926.
Extensive searches of the area between League City and Corpus Christi have not produced any evidence regarding Harriman's whereabouts. There are few clues in her case. Witnesses reported various unconfirmed sightings of Harriman in the Texas and Florida area shortly after she disappeared.
A sketch of a possible suspect in Harriman's disappearance is posted with this case summary. The unidentified African-American male is believed to be in his twenties with a slim build. He was seen driving in the Houston area on the day Harriman vanished. Authorities do not know if the individual is connected to her case.
Harriman lived in Vietnam and married Clinton Howard Harriman II while he was serving in the area with the United States Merchant Marines.
Her husband returned to America with their young daughter and Harriman stayed behind with her oldest son from a previous marriage. She and her child escaped from Vietnam and joined her husband in the United States some time afterwards.
The Harrimans had three children together. Her husband died of cancer in 1993 and Harriman's children are conducting the search for their mother. Foul play is suspected in her case.
- League City Police Department 281-332-2566
Updated Last updated