Tracie A. Bell
Bell, circa 2018; Bell's rings
- Missing Since 03/06/2018
- Missing From Richton Park, Illinois
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Age 54 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8, 150 - 200 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark-colored hooded parka, dark-colored pants and possibly stackable sterling silver rings set with semiprecious stones. Photos of an identical set of rings are posted with this case summary.
- Medical Conditions Bell suffers from health issues, including insulin-dependent diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis. She requires a weekly injection to control her arthritis, and she had suffered from pneumonia earlier in the month of her disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Bell's ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Bell was last seen in Richton Park, Illinois on March 6, 2018. She lived in a condo on Pleasant Drive in Richton Park, and worked as a secretary for the Cook County State Attorney's Office at the Leighton Criminal Court Building at 26th Street and California Avenue in Chicago, Illinois.
When Bell didn't arrive at work on March 6, the police were sent to her home for a welfare check. She is normally a very dependable employee who would call her supervisor if she was going to miss late. The police found Bell at her condo. She didn't appear to be injured, but she seemed disoriented, and the police called paramedics, who checked her blood sugar level. She cooperated with them and seemed to be okay.
Bell has never been heard from again. When she missed work on March 7, the police made a second welfare check and this time she was not at home, but her vehicle was found parked outside her condo. Only her cellular phone was missing from the residence. Since her disappearance, there hasn't been any activity on her cellular phone, credit cards or bank accounts.
Investigators have found no evidence of foul play in her case, but her cousin, who is a close friend, doesn't believe she left of her own accord. Her case remains unsolved.
- Richton Park Police Department 708-481-8956
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 8, 2019; casefile added.