Tracy Lynn Day
Day, circa 2019
- Missing Since 02/14/2019
- Missing From Juneau, Alaska
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Biracial, Native American, White
- Date of Birth 10/19/1975 (47)
- Age 43 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5 - 5'8, 135 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A turquoise hooded vest, a black hooded sweatshirt, black snow pants, and blue rubber boots.
- Medical Conditions Day suffers from bipolar disorder and schizophrenia and needs medications which she doesn't have with her. She has a history of substance abuse.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (Caucasian/Native American) female. Sandy brown hair, blue eyes. Day is of Tlingit descent. She may have purple highlights in her hair, and may dye her hair blonde. One of her top teeth is missing. She has a small bump on her cheek from a prior injury.
Details of Disappearance
Day was last seen in Juneau, Alaska on February 14, 2019. She arrived at her mother's house that day dressed unsuitably for the cold weather, and her family gave her some warmer clothes. Her sister dropped her off at the corner of Franklin Street and Ferry Way, and saw her walking towards two men standing near the former Heritage Coffee store. She has never been heard from again.
She lived in an apartment owned by the St. Vincent de Paul Society at the time of her disappearance. On February 20, a St. Vincent de Paul staffer called her father to say she hadn't been seen in awhile and hadn't done her usual chores in weeks. Her family initially believed she would turn up, and looked for her around town, but after more time passed with no sign of her, they reported her missing.
Prior to her disappearance, Day had told multiple family members she thought someone was after her. They thought she was just experiencing paranoia due to her mental illness. Her loved ones describe her as a very friendly, trusting and generous individual. Her case remains unsolved.
- Juneau Police Department 907-586-0600
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 11, 2022; picture added.