Travis Bruce Murrow
Murrow, circa 2014
- Missing Since 08/24/2014
- Missing From Enid, Oklahoma
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 40 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9, 140 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly Western-style clothing.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Dodge Dakota pickup truck (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Light brown hair, blue eyes. Murrow wears eyeglasses. He has a two- to three-inch scar on his left wrist extending from palm to forearm, a scar on his left thigh, and three scars on his chest. He has a tattoo on his right bicep of a bull skull with four feathers hanging from the horns. His shoe size is 9 or 9.5, his shirt size is large and he wears 32-36 inch pants.
Details of Disappearance
Murrow was last seen at an acquaintance's residence in Enid, Oklahoma on August 24, 2014. He was on his way to either Oakwood or Selling, Oklahoma to visit one of two former girlfriends who lived in the area, but he never arrived in either place. He was last heard from when he called one of his former girlfriends at 10o:00 p.m. He has never been heard from again.
That same night, his Dodge Dakota pickup truck was found locked and abandoned four miles west of Canton Lake in Dewey County, Oklahoma, parked about thirty feet from the road in front of the cattle guard. There were no indications of a struggle and none of Murrow's personal belongings were inside the vehicle.
At the time of his disappearance, Murrow was carrying his house and truck keys, his cellular phone, his pocket knife and a bag of clothes. He traveled the rodeo circuit in the area and had many associates in rodeo.
He had had several run-ins with the law over the years and there were outstanding warrants for his arrest at the time of his disappearance, but his family stated he was devoted to his four children and they don't believe he would have left on his own. His case remains unsolved.
- Alva Police Department 580-327-2121
- Dewey County Sheriff's Office 580-328-5558
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 20, 2020; casefile added.