Troy Donovan Burnett
Burnett, circa 2011
- Missing Since 12/19/2011
- Missing From Jeffersonville, Georgia
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Age 47 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8 - 6'0, 160 - 170 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A tan coat or blue windbreaker, blue jeans and a dark blue t-shirt.
- Medical Conditions Burnett is required to take medication for seizures. He hadn't been taking it at the time of his disappearance, and didn't have it with him when he left. He may become disoriented and/or delusional without the medicine.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Burnett has poor vision and severe hearing loss. He may spell his last name "Burnette."
Details of Disappearance
Burnett was disappeared from his home in the 400 block of Gallimore Mill Road in Jeffersonville, Georgia on December 19, 2011. He was last seen on Highway 80, heading east towards Dublin, Georgia, about a mile from his residence. One witness reported Burnett was running, as if he was being chased.
He'd talked about traveling to New Jersey and going to stay in a nursing home. He has never been heard from again and tracker dogs were unable to detect his scent in the area.
It's uncharacteristic of Burnett to leave without warning, and an extensive search turned up no indication of his whereabouts. Few details are available in his case.
- Twiggs County Sheriff's Office 478-945-3357
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 30, 2016; details of disappearance updated.