Tyarra Cacique Williams
Williams, circa 2016
- Missing Since 01/07/2016
- Missing From Greensboro, North Carolina
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 06/18/1996 (26)
- Age 19 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5, 120 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A pink shirt, a black North Face jacket, dark blue Levi's jeans, white Jordans sneakers with blue and green trim, and a royal blue knit cap.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Williams's ears are pierced and her left nostril is pierced; she wears a stud in the piercing. She has a nickel-sized burn scar on her right wrist.
Details of Disappearance
Williams was last seen at Stoneybrook Apartments off Webster Road near Randleman Road in Greensboro, North Carolina at 8:30 p.m. on January 7, 2016. She walked away from the apartment complex with her boyfriend and her young brother. She told them she was going to see a friend who lived in the apartment complex and would be back in an hour.
She did visit her friend's apartment and was on her way home when the GPS signal on her phone stopped, indicating the phone was turned off or the battery died. She never arrived home and has never been heard from again.
Williams graduated high school in 2014. She planned to start classes at Guilford Technical Community College and had registered for classes in early childhood development. She had planned to go shopping with her mother for textbooks and a laptop computer, but disappeared the day before the shopping trip. The spring 2016 term at the college began a week after her disappearance.
It's uncharacteristic of Williams to leave without warning or be out of touch with her family and friends. Investigators believe she is missing under suspicious circumstances and may have been the victim of foul play. Her case remains unsolved.
- Greensboro Police Department 336-373-2222
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 10, 2017; casefile added.