Tyler James Davis

Tyler, circa 2019; Tyler's birthmark

  • Missing Since 02/24/2019
  • Missing From Columbus, Ohio
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 06/30/1989 (34)
  • Age 29 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'9, 195 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A green and blue flannel shirt, a white t-shirt, blue jeans and Nike sneakers.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Tyler has a red birthmark on his right arm that extends from his hand to his neck and chest; photos of it are posted with this case summary.

Details of Disappearance

Tyler was last seen in Columbus, Ohio on February 24, 2019. He and his wife, Brittany Davis, traveled to Columbus from their Wilmington, Ohio home to celebrate her birthday. They checked into the Hilton Hotel at Easton Town Center and met up with a local friend, Schon Hughes. They spent the evening out with him, drinking and going to bars and clubs.

While the three of them were taking an Uber back to the Hilton at close to 3:00 a.m., Tyler fell asleep. When they arrived at the hotel and he woke up, he was "confused and frustrated" and thought they were at the wrong place. He walked away and Hughes followed while Brittany went inside. After about half an hour, she went back outside but couldn't find Tyler or Hughes.

She called Tyler's cellular phone. He returned her call at 3:37 and said he was just going around the block and would be back soon. He did not return, however. A few minutes later, Hughes returned to the hotel alone. Multiple times, Brittany tried to call Tyler, but got no answer.

At around 4:10, he returned her calls and said he was going through the woods, could see the hotel and would be there in five minutes. He sounded "confused" at the time. He hung up, then called back immediately, but when his wife answered she only heard four seconds of silence before the line went dead. She tried to return the call, but it went directly to voicemail. At 4:30, Hughes left; he lived only about ten minutes away, and decided to go home.

Tyler never arrived at the hotel room and has never been heard from again, and all calls to his phone have gone straight to voicemail. Brittany initially thought he might have passed out outside or been arrested. She called his parents at 9:30, five hours after she had last heard from Tyler, to say he hadn't come back. She notified the police ninety minutes later.

The police didn't start investigating Tyler's disappearance for days, as they thought he had just had an argument with Brittany, "run off" and would return soon. They admit their failure to start looking for him immediately was a serious mistake.

Surveillance footage at the Hilton showed Tyler walked diagonally away from it, through the Easton Commons condominiums. This is the last time he was sighted on camera. The Google tracker on his phone indicates he was walking around the Huntington Bank complex on Stelzer Road, and asked his phone for directions back to the hotel. While he was in the Abbott Foods parking lot, either he shut his phone off or the battery died.

Brittany has taken, and passed, a polygraph about her husband's disappearance. They have a young son together, who was being looked after by Tyler's parents while the couple was in Columbus.

The circumstances of Tyler's disappearance are unclear, but authorities don't believe he went missing intentionally. His case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency

  • Columbus Police Department 614-645-4624

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 25, 2020; casefile added.