Tyler Joel Christensen
Tyler, circa 2016; Age-progression to age 21 (circa 2020)
- Missing Since 04/19/2016
- Missing From Edmonds, Washington
- Classification Endangered Runaway
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/02/1999 (23)
- Age 16 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11, 145 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A light blue t-shirt and dark blue shorts.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Light brown hair, blue eyes. Tyler's hair was in a buzz-cut at the time of his disappearance. He has a half-inch scar on his left ankle.
Details of Disappearance
Tyler was last seen in the 5300 block of Picnic Point Road in Edmonds, Washington at 6:30 p.m. on April 19, 2016. He said he was going to jog to a youth group meeting at his church in the 4700 block of 116th Street in Mukilteo, Washington, about a mile from his home. He never arrived.
Authorities believe he left of his own accord and took a ferry from Kingston, Washington that night. The last person known to have seen was a man who picked him up hitchhiking; the man said Tyler seemed upbeat and asked for directions to Shelton, Washington, saying he was going hiking at Olympic National Park.
In May, his dark-colored backpack was found by the High Steel Bridge near Shelton. Inside were a few emergency blankets, some food, and extra clothes.
Tyler has four sisters. He is home-schooled and his family describes him as a hardworking, creative teenager who did odd jobs for the neighbors and made furniture and other things from metal and wood. He enjoys hiking and riding his motorcycle.
He has no history of mental illness or runaway behavior. He hadn't seemed upset prior to his disappearance, and his family doesn't know why he would have run away. His case remains unsolved.
- Snohomish County Sheriff's Office 425-407-3970
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 6, 2020; age-progression added.