Tyrone Lydell Bryant
Bryant, circa 2001
- Missing Since 10/31/2001
- Missing From Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 01/29/1979 (44)
- Age 22 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11, 135 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly a gold wedding band and white sneakers.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Bryant's left ear is pierced. He has a horizontal scar on the bottom of his left elbow. Bryant has a tattoo of the word "Troop" on his upper left bicep. The words "Bryant Family Tree" are tattooed on his back; the phrase has branches extending from it with the names "Tyrone Bryant," "Bethany Bryant," and "Javin Bryant" written in black on the branches. Bryant's nickname is Ty-Tone.
Details of Disappearance
Bryant was last seen at his residence in the vicinity of the 2800 block of Lafayette Street in Fort Wayne, Indiana. He has never been heard from again.
Bryant grew up in Detroit, Michigan. He got involved with gangs and began using and selling drugs as a teenager. He moved to Fort Wayne at age nineteen and was arrested several times in the next three years on drug and weapons charges. He had a warrant out for his arrest for probation violation at the time of his disappearance.
His family reported him missing in May 2002 after months passed without contact from him. Police initially believed he'd left of his own accord to escape arrest, but his loved ones stated it was uncharacteristic of him to be out of touch with them.
Bryant was estranged from his wife and living with a girlfriend at the time of his disappearance. In 2006, his girlfriend took her own life. She left several suicide notes. One of them stated she and Bryant got into an argument, she called someone, and that individual came over and killed Bryant. His girlfriend wrote that she and the other person disposed of the body together and it would never be located. The suicide notes didn't identify the alleged killer or specify when Bryant was killed or where his body was.
The house Bryant shared with his girlfriend in 2001 has since been demolished. Foul play is suspected in his disappearance, which remains unsolved.
- Fort Wayne Police Department 260-427-1202
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 31, 2010; picture added.