Tyson, circa 2017; Age-progression to age 7 (circa 2020)
- Missing Since 05/10/2017
- Missing From Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Biracial, Black, Pacific Islander, White
- Date of Birth 08/05/2013 (9)
- Age 3 years old
- Height and Weight 3'0 - 3'8, 30 - 40 pounds
- Distinguishing Characteristics Multiracial male. Black hair, brown eyes. Tyson is of African-American, Pacific Islander and Caucasian descent. He may have a birthmark on his right shoulder blade. He blinks frequently, and he may have visible issues with his teeth. Shortly before his disappearance, Tyson's head was shaved.
Details of Disappearance
Tyson was last seen in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on May 10, 2017. He was in the care of his mother, Kristi Gardner, at the time. He had spent the first two years of his life living with Kristi and her mother, Diane Gardner. Tyson's father died in 2015, and two years later, Gardner took her son and moved out of her mother's residence, and in with a friend.
The last time anyone in Tyson's family besides his mother physically saw him was in May 2017. Diane communicated with Kristi through text messaging and online chats, and Kristi would give different explanations as to where Tyson was.
Kristi was reported missing on September 4, 2020. The following day, she was found dead; she had shot herself in the head. In the days prior to her suicide, Tyson's maternal grandmother and aunt had both been attempting to locate him. He wasn't with his mother when her body was found and there has been no indication of his whereabouts.
Because of the circumstances, Tyson is considered to be in danger. His case remains unsolved.
- Philadelphia Police Department 215-686-3093
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 15, 2021; five pictures added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.