Valerie Kathleen Gibbs
Gibbs, circa 2005
- Missing Since 12/17/2005
- Missing From Warren, Arkansas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Age 44 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7 - 5'8, 135 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black hooded jacket, a green sweatshirt, too-large blue jeans with tattered cuffs, and dark yellow or gold boots.
- Medical Conditions Gibbs has a history of crack cocaine abuse.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Some accounts spell Gibbs's name "Valarie" or "Valorie." She may use the aliases Kathleen Farmer, Valorie Farmer and/or Valorie Stevens. She smokes cigarettes, wears eyeglasses or contact lenses, and has scars on both wrists.
Details of Disappearance
Gibbs was last seen in her hometown of Warren, Arkansas on the afternoon of December 17, 2005, when her mother dropped her off at an Exxon gasoline station on Highway 8, a few miles from their home. She said she was going to buy cigarettes and hair dye and would return home in a few hours, but she never did.
Several people claim to have seen her after her mother did; the last sighting was on December 18, when Gibbs apparently went to the local police station to inquire about an old fine.
Gibbs's mother initially believed she had possibly checked herself into a drug rehabilitation center; as a result, she did not report her disappearance until December 21. Gibbs's mother stated her daughter had a problem with crack cocaine, but was relatively functional and was trying to overcome her addiction.
Authorities do not believe Gibbs left of her own accord. She has four children, three of whom were away at college in December 2006, and was looking forward to their coming home for the Christmas holidays. At the time of her disappearance she was attempting to get a restraining order against a male acquaintance who had allegedly threatened her.
She has a home in Port Natchez, Texas in addition to her residence in Warren. Gibbs may have attempted to travel to or been forcibly taken to Port Arthur, Texas after her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.
- Warren Police Department
- Arkansas State Police
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 2, 2019; distinguishing characteristics updated.