Vickey Carolyn de Laurier
de Laurier, circa 2005
- Missing Since 12/17/2005
- Missing From Radcliff, Kentucky
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Age 44 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 170 - 190 pounds
- Medical Conditions De Laurier has hypertension, Crohn's Disease and Barrett's Disease. Crohn's Disease is a disorder that causes inflammation of the digestive tract; some symptoms are diarrhea and abdominal pain. Barrett's Disease is an inflammation in the lining of the esophagus and may cause heartburn, blood in the vomit and stool, and difficulty swallowing.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Red Honda Civic (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde/brown hair, blue eyes. Some accounts spell de Laurier's first name "Vickie" or "Vicky," and her last name "deLaurier", "Delaurier" or "De Laurier." She wears eyeglasses and her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
De Laurier was last seen driving home from work in Radcliff, Kentucky on December 17, 2005. She left work at 8:30 p.m. She was never heard from again.
The day after her disappearance, her red Honda Civic was found parked at a strange angle on the side of Highway 313 near south Boundary Road. Her family can think of no reason why she would be driving on that road. The car doors were unlocked, the hazard lights were turned on, and the gas tank was full.
De Laurier's purse and makeup bag were inside the vehicle; it is uncharacteristic of her to go anywhere without her makeup. Authorities stated it appeared as if whoever was driving the car had swung around from south Boundary Road and left the vehicle in a hurry.
At the time of her disappearance, de Laurier had an order of protection pending against her live-in boyfriend. She applied for the order on December 5 after he allegedly threatened to shoot her in the head. She disappeared the day before a scheduled court hearing to discuss the order.
De Laurier's boyfriend is not considered a suspect in her case, as he has cooperated with the police investigation, passed a polygraph and has an alibi for the time she disappeared. Her estranged husband was also investigated and ruled out as a suspect.
De Laurier worked as an office manager at a Sav-A-Lot store at the time of her disappearance. She was carrying almost $2,500 in cash and checks from the store, which she was supposed to deposit. The money disappeared with her, along with her two cellular phones.
All calls made to the phones after her disappearance were transferred immediately to voice mail. Her bank accounts haven't been touched since she went missing. Because of the missing money, there is a warrant out for de Laurier's arrest.
De Laurier has a son who was seventeen years old in 2005; he passed a polygraph and is not considered a suspect in her case. Her son stated they had been planning to move, to get away from her boyfriend. Her disappearance remains unsolved. Both Radcliff and Vine Grove, Kentucky police are investigating.
- Vine Grove Police Department 270-877-2252
- Radcliff Police Department 270-351-5147
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 8, 2019; picture added.