Victor Marquis Cooper
Cooper, circa 2009
- Missing Since 03/01/2009
- Missing From Clearwater, Florida
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 03/11/1982 (41)
- Age 26 years old
- Height and Weight 6'3, 213 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) 21-foot fishing boat (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Cooper goes by his middle name, Marquis, and most accounts refer to him by that name. He has a scar on his face and tattoos on both arms.
Details of Disappearance
Cooper was last seen in Clearwater, Florida on March 1, 2009. He was on a 21-foot fishing boat off the Gulf Coast with three other men: Corey Smith, William Bleakley and Nick Schuyler. When they didn't return, the Coast Guard launched a search.
They found Schuyler at 1:35 a.m. on March 2, clinging to the side of the overturned boat. He was suffering the effects of hypothermia and dehydration. The other three men were missing. Schuyler stated they had disappeared one after another. An extensive search turned up no sign of Bleakley, Cooper or Smith. They are presumed to be lost at sea.
Cooper is originally from Gilbert, Arizona. He got a degree in sociology from the University of Washington. After college he became a professional football player. He played for the Oakland Raiders at the time of his disappearance. His body has never been found.
- Clearwater Police Department 727-562-4080
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 2, 2019; picture added.