Wallace Tolar Gerrald
Gerrald, circa 2015
- Missing Since 10/20/2015
- Missing From Palatka, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/29/1930 (92)
- Age 85 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11, 165 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A plaid shirt, khaki pants and a baseball cap.
- Associated Vehicle(s) White 2013 Ford F-150 pickup truck with a dented tailgate, the South Carolina license plate number DEQ188 and the vehicle identification number (VIN) 1FTMF1CM1DFB14841 (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Graying brown hair, blue eyes. Gerrald has had surgery on both hips, as well as knee surgery, prostate surgery and open-heart surgery. He has hardware installed in his hip. His nickname is Buster.
Details of Disappearance
Gerrald was last seen in Palatka, Florida at 12:00 p.m. on October 20, 2015. He traveled from Galivants Ferry, South Carolina to Palatka to get some legal documents and was supposed to return to South Carolina later that day. He has never been heard from again.
Gerrald was driving a white 2013 Ford F-150 pickup truck with a dented tailgate when he disappeared; the South Carolina license plate number was DEQ188 and the vehicle identification number (VIN) 1FTMF1CM1DFB14841.
The vehicle was not located until January 2019, over three years after his disappearance; it was found deep in the woods at the dead end of Rosemary Hill Road in Green Cove Springs, Florida. It appeared to have been there for years, but was was undamaged. Authorities believe it was driven onto the property and became stuck before being abandoned.
An extensive search of the area where Gerrald's truck was found turned up no sign of him. His case remains unsolved.
- Palatka Police Department 386-329-0115
- Putnam County Sheriff's Office 386-329-0801
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 19, 2020; details of disappearance updated.