Walter Chambers Jr.
Chambers, circa 1996
- Missing Since 06/08/1996
- Missing From Pensacola, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 09/15/1949 (73)
- Age 46 years old
- Height and Weight 6'1, 200 pounds
- Medical Conditions Chambers suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder and has been treated for his condition at Veterans' Affairs hospitals on multiple occasions.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Chambers is left-handed and has a chip between his two front upper teeth. He may stutter and often appears nervous.
Details of Disappearance
Chambers was last seen walking down Palafox Street near Sack and Save in Pensacola, Florida on June 8, 1996. He called a friend and asked him to pick him up because he was having car trouble, but the friend wasn't able to come and get him. He has not been seen since.
His family reported him missing on June 25 after they hadn't heard from him in weeks. On June 29, Chambers's maroon four-door Suzuki Swift was found abandoned near Texar Drive and Cortez Street, with the keys in the ignition.
On July 7, almost a month after he was last seen, Chambers withdrew money from a bank on Garden Street. There has been no indication of his whereabouts since then.
Chambers is an Army veteran. He lived in Pensacola until May 31, 1996, when he moved in with his grandmother in Monroeville, Alabama, two hours to the north. He had returned to visit Pensacola when he disappeared. Although he has a prior arrest record, his family states he is not violent. The circumstances of his disappearance are unclear.
- Pensacola Police Department 850-435-1900
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 28, 2018; casefile added.