Walter F. Smith Jr.
Smith, circa 2006
- Missing Since 09/03/2006
- Missing From Edinburgh, Indiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/11/1964 (59)
- Age 42 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11, 165 - 200 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Blue jeans and a patriotic shirt or a red and white striped polo shirt, and possibly a watch with a silver stretch band.
- Medical Conditions Smith has a heart condition and is prone to strokes and seizures.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Black 2000 Daewoo Laganza with temporary license plates numbered J045763 (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Smith has quarter-sized surgical scars on the sides of his right knee, a scar on his right shin, and acne scars on his face and back. His nickname is Tom. Smith has thinning hair and he normally has a mustache. One of his front teeth is chipped. His nickname is Tom.
Details of Disappearance
Smith was last seen in his rural mobile home community on Delchar Drive in Edinburgh, Indiana on September 3, 2006. He has never been heard from again.
His black 2000 Daewoo Laganza with temporary license plates numbered J045763 was located abandoned approximately two months later, at an apartment complex on the north side of Franklin, Indiana. There was no sign of Smith at the scene.
Smith was in the process of starting a business, called Walter's Family Restaurant, in downtown Edinburgh at the time of his disappearance. It was scheduled to open in three days. All of his personal belongings were left behind. His case remains unsolved.
- Shelby County Sheriff's Department 888-387-1444
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 2, 2014; distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.