Wendy Louise Felton
Wendy, circa 1987; Age-progression to age 45 (circa 2016)
- Missing Since 06/04/1987
- Missing From Marion, Indiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/10/1971 (52)
- Age 16 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3 - 5'5, 115 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A gold watch, white shorts and possibly a red shirt.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Wendy has a small scar on her right shoulder blade. She wears hard contact lenses. Her ears are pierced. She is right-handed and her hair was shoulder-length at the time of her disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Wendy's sister drove their parents part-way to the airport during the afternoon of June 4, 1987 near their Marion, Indiana home. They were going on a business trip. Wendy stayed at their residence while her family was away.
When her sister returned home at approximately 5:00 p.m., she discovered that Wendy had disappeared. All of her belongings, including her purse and her favorite sneakers, where left behind in her bedroom.
Wendy was initially considered a runaway, but investigators have since changed their classification to Endangered Missing due to the circumstances involved. She is believed to have disappeared from her residence between the hours of 2:00 and 5:00 p.m. on June 7.
Donald W. Grenier was considered a possible suspect in Wendy's case at one time. He was charged with the abduction and molestation of a young girl in Indiana in 1999.
Grenier's home was searched for evidence concerning Wendy's case and the 1993 disappearance of Tricia Reitler. Both young women vanished from the same vicinity and there were other similarities in their cases.
The search did not produce any evidence linking Grenier to either case and he was eventually cleared of suspicion in both cases.
Wendy's case remains open and unsolved.
- Grant County Sheriff's Office 765-668-8168
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 14, 2016; age-progression updated.