Wesley A. Wamsganz
Wamsganz, circa 2010
- Missing Since 11/20/2010
- Missing From Lake Placid, New York
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 08/13/1988 (34)
- Age 22 years old
- Height and Weight 6'1, 180 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black hooded sweatshirt with an image of Bob Marley, cotton pants, hiking shoes and a red, yellow and green striped beanie cap.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Wamsganz was last seen in Lake Placid, New York on November 20, 2010. He left his job at the Downtown Diner and started down the Adirondack Loj Trail, without any supplies, food or winter gear. Several hikers saw him that evening as it started to get dark. He was last sighted at Mercy Dam, about two miles down the trail. He has never been heard from again.
A few days after his disappearance, searchers found Wamsganz's green Carhartt jacket in the middle of a trail headed toward Avalanche Pass. This was the only trace of him they could locate, however.
In the days following Wamsganz's disappearance, overnight temperatures dropped to below ten degrees and there was snow, sleet and freezing rain in the area. In spite of this, his family hopes he may still be alive. His case remains unsolved.
- Lake Placid Police Department 518-523-3306
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 8, 2018; three pictures and date of birth added.