Anderson, circa 2000; Anderson's boat
- Missing Since 12/05/2000
- Missing From Brooklyn, New York
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 65 years old
- Height and Weight 6'1, 190 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A blue jacket, a gray hooded sweatshirt, jeans, white sneakers and a black plastic watch.
- Associated Vehicle(s) 23-foot blue and white Wellcraft boat called the Mary C
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Graying brown hair, brown eyes. Anderson had a mustache at the time of his 2000 disappearance. He wears eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Anderson was last seen at approximately 7:00 a.m. on December 5, 2000 in the New York City borough of Brooklyn. He departed from Venice Marina in his 23-foot blue and white Wellcraft boat, the Mary C, for a day's fishing. A photo of Anderson's boat is posted below this case summary.
Anderson spoke to his fiancee on the telephone and said he would return to shore at 3:00 p.m. He never did, however, and has not been heard from again. An extensive search of the ocean turned up no sign of him and his boat has never been recovered. Anderson's case remains unsolved.
- New York Police Department 646-610-6914
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 24, 2005; details of disappearance updated.