William Cameron Brown
Brown, circa 2010; Brown's dinghy
- Missing Since 10/05/2010
- Missing From Monroe County, Florida
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/26/1944 (78)
- Age 66 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8 - 5'10, 100 - 160 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark-colored t-shirt and blue jeans.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Small homemade homemade fiberglass dinghy with the Florida license plate number FL5415MA
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair, brown eyes. Brown has a tattoo of an ant on his navel. He had a gray beard at the time of his disappearance, and he wears eyeglasses. His nickname is Bill.
Details of Disappearance
Brown was last seen at Geiger Key Marina in Monroe County, Florida on October 5, 2010. He was on his way to the courthouse at Key West to pay some fines.
He lived on a boat off the marina with his dog, and came back and forth to shore on a small dinghy, a homemade fiberglass model with the Florida license plate number FL5415MA. He left his dog behind on his boat and has never been heard from again. His dinghy disappeared with him and has never been found.
A photo of Brown's dinghy is posted with this case summary. An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of him and his case remains unsolved.
- Monroe County Sheriff's Office 800-346-8477
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 16, 2016; distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.