William H. Crandell Sr.
Crandell, circa 2006; Ervin Lee McCoy Jr.
- Missing Since 02/20/2006
- Missing From Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 12/29/1951 (71)
- Age 54 years old
- Height and Weight 6'2, 200 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) Dark silver four-door 2000 Lexus LS with the license plate number VVL-440 (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Crandell leaving his residence on the south side of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on February 20, 2006. He has neer been heard from again. His vehicle, a dark silver four-door 2000 Lexus LS with the license plate number VVL-440, was subsequently found abandoned in Newcastle, Oklahoma.
Authorities stated Ervin Lee McCoy Jr. was the prime suspect in Crandall's case. A photo of McCoy is posted with this case summary. A convicted bank robber, he is believed to be responsible for six murders dating between 1998 and 2006, but he has only faced charges in one.
In September 2010, McCoy pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in the 2004 shooting death of his coworker, Alex Tom Record. He led authorities to Record's body in 2007. As part of his 2010 plea agreement, he agreed to led police to Crandell's body and also the body of his missing wife, Vickie L. Peters, who vanished in 2004. Authorities searched the area McCoy indicated and found Peters's remains.
Crandell's body has not been found and it's unclear whether charges will be brought in his presumed homicide. His case remains unsolved.
- Oklahoma City Police Department 405-297-1129
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 9, 2010; details of disappearance updated.