William James Simon
Simon, circa 2008; Simon's cab
- Missing Since 03/21/2008
- Missing From Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 12/09/1947 (75)
- Age 60 years old
- Height and Weight 6'2, 200 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) Red Ford Crown Victoria with the L&M Taxi Service logo on the doors (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Gray hair, brown eyes. Simon has scars on the right side of his abdomen. He has a receding hairline and wears eyeglasses. His nickname is Willie.
Details of Disappearance
Simon's roommate reported him missing on March 19, 2008, but he was last seen two days later was last seen in Fayetteville, North Carolina. At 12:30 p.m. on March 20, he visited his wife at work. They were separated, but still talked every day.
That night, Simon, a cabdriver for L&M Taxi Service, called his boss and said he was taking a passenger to Raleigh, North Carolina. Bank records indicate he was still alive between 3:00 and 4:00 a.m. the next day, Friday, March 21. This was the last sign of him. He has never been heard from again.
Simon's cab, a red Ford Crown Victoria with the L&M Taxi Service logo on the doors, was found abandoned Friday evening near a radio tower off Rosser Street in Spring Lake, a town near Fayetteville.
His family Bible was on the front seat of the cab. His loved ones stated he's very religious and would have taken the Bible with him if he'd left of his own accord. A photograph of Simon's cab is posted with this case summary.
Simon lived in a mobile home in the 1500 block of Gillespie Street at the time of his disappearance. He is the oldest of twelve children and left behind his wife, one son, two grandchildren and three dogs. He is described as a friendly, generous and dependable man with no enemies, and he had no criminal history or substance abuse problems.
oul play is suspected in his disappearance, which remains unsolved.
- Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office 910-323-1500
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 14, 2009; date of birth added.