William Kermig Summers Jr.
Summers, circa 1982; Age-progression to an unknown age
- Missing Since 01/04/1982
- Missing From Bremerton, Washington
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 07/15/1959 (63)
- Age 22 years old
- Height and Weight 6'1, 150 - 160 pounds
- Medical Conditions Summers may suffer from mental illness.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Summers's nickname is Billy. He has two amalgam fillings in his teeth. Summers may use the first name Andrew.
Details of Disappearance
Summers was a Petty Officer in the United States Navy in 1982. He was a Machinist Mate Second Class assigned to the U.S.S. Robison (DDG-12), which was in port at the Naval Shipyard in Bremerton, Washington on January 4, 1982. Summers disappeared while in port that day and has not been seen again. He has not had any familial contact since his 1982 disappearance.
Summers is originally from Alabama. He was raised in the Baptist faith and became intensely religious around the time of his disappearance. Although he's described as a quiet, reserved and gentle man, he got into arguments about religious issues, some of which became physical. Authorities theorize he may have joined a cult.
Prior to his disappearance, Summers had mentioned wanting to move to Canada. He enjoys fishing, playing tennis and working with handicapped children. His case remains unsolved.
- Naval Criminal Investigative Service
- Washington D.C. Office
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 30, 2015; middle name and medical conditions added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.