William Ronnie Staggs
Staggs, circa 2007
- Missing Since 02/06/2007
- Missing From Dover, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 08/19/1953 (69)
- Age 53 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11, 165 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A tan and green striped shirt and tan pants.
- Medical Conditions Staggs has a history of crack cocaine abuse. He also has an unspecified medical condition and may be in need of medication.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Graying brown hair, blue eyes. Staggs wears prescription eyeglasses, but they were left behind and he is unable to see without them. He is missing the tip of his left middle finger down to the second knuckle. He has a large surgical scar in his groin area. Staggs goes by his middle name, Ronnie, which some agencies spell "Ronny."
Details of Disappearance
Staggs was last seen at approximately 1:30 a.m. on February 6, 2007 at his residence in the vicinity of the 4600 block of Fietzway Road in Dover, Florida.
He told his wife of 32 years that he'd heard a noise and thought someone was outside. Staggs took a shovel and went out to investigate. He never returned and has never been heard from again. His house slippers, cigarettes and eyeglasses were later found in his yard.
Staggs was not reported as a missing person on February 15, because he would occasionally leave home for short periods and stay with friends. He has never been gone for this long before, however.
Prior to his disappearance, he was impaled in the groin in a tree-trimming accident, and received a worker's compensation settlement of $16,000. The money was with Staggs's lawyer at the time of his disappearance. He had planned to use it to remodel his house.
Staggs's case remains unsolved. His loved ones stated he was very attached to the Dover area, where he had lived all his life, and they do not believe he would have simply walked away. He has two children.
- Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office 813-247-8200
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 21, 2018; five pictures added.