William Ward Bleakley
Bleakley, circa 2009
- Missing Since 03/01/2009
- Missing From Clearwater, Florida
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/20/1983 (39)
- Age 25 years old
- Height and Weight 6'3, 240 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) 21-foot fishing boat (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Bleakley's nickname is Will.
Details of Disappearance
Bleakley was last seen in Clearwater, Florida on March 1, 2009. He was on a 21-foot fishing boat off the Gulf Coast with three other men: Corey Smith, Victor Marquis Cooper and Nick Schuyler. When they didn't return, the Coast Guard launched a search.
They found Schuyler at 1:35 a.m. on March 2, clinging to the side of the overturned boat. He was suffering the effects of hypothermia and dehydration. The other three men were missing. Schuyler stated they had disappeared one after another. An extensive search turned up no sign of Bleakley, Cooper or Smith. They are presumed to be lost at sea.
Bleakley played football while attending the University of South Florida; he graduated in 2006. His body has never been found.
- Clearwater Police Department 727-562-4080
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 2, 2019; picture added.