Willie Dennis Eriksson
Eriksson, circa 2007
- Missing Since 11/07/2007
- Missing From Puna, Hawaii
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 42 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9, 165 pounds
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair, blue eyes. Eriksson is of Swedish and Italian descent and is a Swedish citizen. He has a scar on his chest from open-heart surgery when he was a child, a tattoo of a grim reaper on his right forearm and a tattoo of a girl with a surfboard on the back of his left calf.
Details of Disappearance
Eriksson was last seen during the evening hours of November 7, 2007. He was getting into a vehicle at a general store in the Mountain View area of Puna, Hawaii. The last time he used his cellular phone was at 8:31 p.m. that day. He has never been heard from again.
Eriksson was not reported missing until November 22, two weeks after his disappearance. At the time he went missing, he did not own a vehicle and rode the bus or sought rides in other people's cars for transportation.
Eriksson is originally from Malibu, California, where he graduated Santa Monica High School. He moved to Hawaii in November 2006. He lived on Kaiwiki Road in Hilo at the time of his disappearance, frequented downtown Hilo and Kona, and did construction work and tree servicing. He is a carpenter and a surfer.
He was well-liked in the area and had no known enemies. It is uncharacteristic of Eriksson to be out of touch with his mother, whom he was close to. Foul play is suspected in his case, which remains unsolved.
- Hawaii Police Department 808-935-3311
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 19, 2009; distinguishing characteristics updated.