Fudali, circa 2008; Fudali's tattoo
- Missing Since 12/06/2008
- Missing From Narragansett, Rhode Island
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 08/31/1986 (36)
- Age 22 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10 - 6'0, 195 - 205 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Naked.
- Medical Conditions Fudali had been prescribed anti-anxiety medication prior to his disappearance, but his roommate said he stopped taking it cold turkey.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Light brown hair, blue eyes. Fudali may spell his first name "Wojtek" or use the nickname Tek. He is a native of Poland. He has a tattoo of a black eagle on a yellow and green background below the left side of his ribcage; a photo of the tattoo is posted with this case summary. Fudali has visible acne and a gap between his upper front teeth, and he has previously broken his clavicle. His hair was shoulder-length at the time of his disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Fudali was last seen in Narragansett, Rhode Island on December 6, 2008. He'd attended a party at a friend's home in the 70 block of East Shore Road and stayed overnight.
The group was awakened sometime after 5:00 a.m. to the sight of Fudali standing naked, hitting himself with a metal pole from the bedframe, and saying "trust me." They didn't call the police or an ambulance, and eventually went back to sleep.
When his friends woke up the next afternoon, Fudali was gone and the clothing he'd worn the night before was neatly folded on the floor. He also left his sneakers, car keys, cellular phone, Massachusetts driver's license, debit card and $86 in cash. His friends initially believed he's gone for a walk.
Fudali was seen twice after he left his friends' home. Neighbors saw him sitting on a dock at 8:30 a.m., naked or nearly so. Two hours a friend saw him running, still nude, near Galilee Escape Road on the grounds of the 128-acre Galilee Bird Sanctuary. He has never been heard from again.
Fudali was born in Poland and grew up in Wilbraham, Massachusetts. Earlier in 2008, he graduated from the University of Rhode Island with a bachelor's degree in international business. His friends stated he seemed depressed and despondent prior to his disappearance and was acting oddly the last time they saw him, but his mother spoke to him three days before his disappearance and didn't notice anything wrong.
Fudali's roommate stated he had become interested in nature and also very religious, and he spent a great deal of time reading the Bible in the days before his disappearance. He began under-dressing for the cold weather and would walk around outside with no shoes on. He talked about trying a simpler life and even mentioned possibly going on a bread-and-water diet.
Temperatures outside on the day Fudali disappeared were about thirty degrees, and he could not have survived long without his clothes. His case remains unsolved.
- Narragansett Police Department 401-782-0661
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 6, 2019; picture added.